Saturday, January 18, 2014

Cargo Cosmetics Essential Lip Color: Punta Cana





Swatches & Review

A few months ago, Cargo Cosmetics released a new line of lipsticks called the Essential Lip Color. There are twelve shades in this line and most of them are named after vacation spots, such as Punta Cana, Paris, Las Vegas, Napa, etc. One of the shades I purchased is Punta Cana because last summer, I was on a pink-lip craze.


The Essential Lip Colors packaging is really similar to Urban Decay's Revolution lipsticks, but it is all grey instead of gunmetal & purple. It is very slim and does not attract much fingerprints, so I like it.


Punta Cana is a hot pink/fuchsia, and it definitely packs a bunch of color when applied.


Punta Cana applied very smoothly and evenly. It was very pigmented because it only needed on swipe across the lips for it to be opaque. It was also very creamy, but it did not make the color uneven whenever the lips are pressed together. Because it is creamy, it did not emphasize much on dry patches on the lips, and was not very drying on the lips. Although it was very rich in color, it felt light on the lips. I did not experience any feathering with the product, but it did transfer because it has a shiny finish to it. After the shine wears off from eating/drinking, the color itself still stays on the lips. After about 6 hours to wear, I noticed that the color on my bottom lip faded a bit more than my upper lip, but the color was still very bright. To remove it, you would need a remover because it stains the lips if you just try wiping it off with a tissue. There is no scent or taste to the lipstick, which is good because I know many people do not like scents in their lipsticks. Overall, the formula for this was fantastic because it was lightweight without being sheer, and it applied very nicely and was pretty long-lasting to me.

The Cargo Cosmetics Essential Lip Colors retail for $22 and can be purchased at Ulta, Cargo Cosmetics Online, Kohls Beauty & Dermstore.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, that is a gorgeous hot pink. I think I've tried Cargo stuff before, but I can't remember...

    RIKKI
    // RIKKI POYNTER MAKEUP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! These lipsticks were one of the few things I have tried from them because I never really see this brand around. I love the lipsticks I have of theirs.

      Delete
  2. This color is such a Lisa shade! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! :) Pinks are my weaknesses! haha.

      Delete