Monday, May 27, 2013

Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquer: Aurora




Swatches & Review

After going to many Walgreen locations these past few days, I have finally found Rimmel London's Show Off Lip Lacquers! When G from NouveauCheap posted up that the Rimmel Apocalips have been spotted in the United States, I immediately went on a search for them (and yes, I wasted a lot of gas.. like always. lol) and after many stores, I have finally found them! When I went to the last store I planned on going to today, the lady literally took the display out of a box & I nearly screamed in excitement, so the items were not set on the display yet. I ended up purchasing four of the fourteen shades, and Aurora was one of them, and was the first one I decided to try on.


These are packaged in plastic tubes and on the bottom, you are able to see the color of each shade so you have a good idea of the color you are purchasing.


Unlike the Kate Moss lipsticks, I like that these are sealed. Although these are very easy for people to open to test out, it is a good indicator on whether or not the product has been tampered with before you purchase, so it is definitely helpful.


As you pull the wand out, you can see that there is something on the top of the tube that controls the amount of product that comes out and leaves the excess product inside the tube. You can see the wand having product on it and because of the thing that squeezes out the amount of product before it comes out, the wand ends up becoming clean. The Show Off Lip Lacquers have a doe-foot applicator.


For the first lip picture, I took it in direct sunlight. The other two were taken indoor, with the middle one being in front of the window.

Aurora is a coral-red, which is very wearable. In the tube, I thought it would be more like a pink, but it leans more red, which is not bad at all. These have a glossy finish and it felt very comfortable on the lips. After applying these, I would recommend not pressing your lips together for the first five minutes because I found that when I pressed my lips together in the first five minutes, the product moves around leaving some parts of the lip looking like it is missing color, but after a while, it does not move as much even though it is glossy. The glossy finish wore off in about two hours for me, and it lasted about three and a half hours for me with the color fading around the third hour (this was probably because I went to eat dinner). It left a slight stain, but when I went to remove it, it came off easily. Although the product itself is nice, I absolutely hated the scent! I am sensitive to scents so this was very overwhelming for me. Like the Kate Moss Matte lipsticks, these have an Asian salty dried plum scent to it, but it was stronger than the lipstick scent. After applying, I tasted the scent I smelled and the scent lasted pretty long before it went away, which was what I did not like the most. Other than that, I really liked the product itself. It did not feel drying on my lips because it was glossy and I did not experience any feathering/bleeding. Compared to other liquid lipsticks I have tried (Stila's Liquid Lipstick & Wet n Wild's Liquid Lipstick), these are A LOT better because they do not dry matte and feel weird after it dries. It is also pretty cool how it comes out with just the right amount of product!

These retail for $4.99 and can be purchased at Walgreens and online at Walgreens.com and Drugstore.com (but they are currently sold out).

Here is the display from my Walgreen's. Everything is still in its package so I know that no one has opened any of them yet! :P


What do you think about Rimmel's Show Off Lip Lacquers (Apocalips)? Have you tried them? Which colors are you interested in?

No comments:

Post a Comment