Sunday, April 7, 2013

theBalm Cosmetics Instain Blush: Pinstripe



Swatches & Review



Earlier, I showed quick swatches of the blushes I recently purchased from theBalm Cosmetics. After the quick swatches, I started focusing on the blushes individually. Pinstripe is described as a plum shade from theBalm.


Like all of theBalm Cosmetic's products, it has a cardboard packaging and a slip on sleeve that is designed like the product itself. Each of the names are patterns that you will see on the inside of the packaging surrounding the pan of the blush. All of the blushes from the Instain line are designed like magazine covers. Three of the blushes say Spring on it and three of them says Fall on it, which I assume are blushes for the seasons.


When I posted the quick swatches, they were swatches applied from my fingers. In these swatches, the swatch on the left was applied with a sponge-tip applicator and the one on the right was applied with a brush.
Both of the swatches were applied with one swipe.
In the outdoor and the indoor in front of the window setting, the blush appears to be a berry-plum shade. When it is indoors and in the shade without being in front of the window, it shows more of a darker plum shade.
To me, Pinstripe is more than just plum, it is a berry-plum with a golden sheen. In the pan of the blush, it looks like it will be glittery-shimmer, but once applied, it looks very smooth and has a nice golden sheen to it. The finish reminds me of Hot Mama's finish.


In the close-up picture, you can see the golden sheen a bit more.

Pinstripe was very smooth and pigmented. It applied very easily & it shows a lot in just one swipe! However, I find it hard to blend because once it is on, it stays on, so it is important to be careful & use a light-hand with this to avoid having clown-cheeks. I was surprised at how much I actually liked this blush. When I ordered, I knew that this was not going to be matte from the picture that they have shown, but the swatch that they had on their website of Pinstripe looked very... terrifying to be put on the cheeks, however, this shade is one of my favorite shades from the five that I have purchased.

The Instain Blush line retails for $22 and can be purchased on thebalm.com & aveyou.com

What do you think about Pinstripe? Do you like your blushes matte, shimmery, glittery, or with a nice sheen?

No comments:

Post a Comment