Saturday, March 9, 2013

Zoya PixieDust: Chyna & Dahlia

Swatches & Review

Zoya PixieDust is part of Zoya's Spring collection. It consists of 6 shades with their PixieDust texture finish. The two colors I tried first are Chyna and Dahlia. Normally, I post collection swatches with the nail polishes altogether, but since this was my first time trying the PixieDust formula, I decided to test the wear our for a week.



To apply these, you need to apply a thin first layer, wait for it to fully dry & then apply a second coat.


Chyna: Shimmery bright ruby red with red & silver glitter.
Dahlia: Shimmery black with silver glitter.

Since these were applied without a base coat and without a top coat, I decided to see how well they held up. By day three, there was a bit of tip wear, but it was not very noticeable.

On day four and five, there was noticeable tip wear on my left hand. Since I use my right hand more, I noticed by the fifth day, my index and middle finger had more wear on the nail polishes. Prior to the fifth day, the nail polish on the right hand only showed a bit of tip wear.

Day six was the last day I had these on. As you can tell, the ones on my left hand had a pretty good wear of these since they lasted very well. However, my right hand had nail polish that was chipping off.

I think I have grown to like the finish of this. When it was on my nails the first day, the texture of these felt rough, but not enough to feel like sand paper. I noticed that after a day, the texture of it feeling rough did not feel as rough anymore. It felt more like a sugary-sand texture compared to the first day I had it. The longer I wore it, the softer it became. Although there was no base coat or top coat, I feel that these held up pretty well. I was worried the removal was going to be a pain because when I wear glitter nail polishes, it is hard for me to take off (even with the foil method!), but for these, it came off very easily. I used Zoya's nail polish remover and placed the cotton with it onto my nails for about a minute. After having the cotton ball there for a minute, the PixieDust texture nail polish came off very easily without sticking to my nails & my skin. I also like that the cap does not attract fingerprints like their regular caps do. Although the finish of this took a little to get used to, I actually like it. For a texture nail polish, it stays on well and it is easy to remove, which is a plus for me!

What do you think about these? Are you going to get some of the nail polishes from this collection?

These are available for purchase on Zoya.com now, and they retail for $9 per 0.5oz bottle.

*The products in this post were provided to me for my honest opinion/review. I was not paid nor compensated for the review.

No comments:

Post a Comment