Tuesday, December 11, 2012

bareMinerals: Moxie - Hot to Trot Lip Gloss Set

Swatches & Review

I have previously reviewed the other Moxie set, Cool as Ice. After trying out Cool as Ice for a while, I finally decided to get Hot to Trot as well. Hot to Trot is similar to Cool as Ice, but it has warmer shades than Cool as Ice does.
This lip gloss set contains six lip glosses that are almost half the size of full-sized Moxie lipglosses. Unlike Cool as Ice, all of the shades in this set are shimmery.
Maverick: Shimmery Mauve/Rose
Crowd Surfer: Shimmery Cotton Candy Pink
Smooth Talker: Slightly-shimmery Golden Pink
Smarty Pants: Shimmery Light Beige
Dreamer: Shimmery Golden-bronze
*I did not include Firecracker because I am planning to give it away to my friend.

I like this set. I feel like this set is more neutral than Cool as Ice is since Cool as Ice has a bit more bold colors, but the formula is the same. When I smelled it, I originally thought of Cherry Coke, but now, I think they smell like Root Beer (something is wrong with my nose!). These have a slight tingling effect, but nothing like Buxom's tingling effect, which is a bit more intense. The only complaint I have for this set, like the other set, is that it gets sticky after a few hours of wear. When it is wearing off, it feels uncomfortable on the lips, so unless you reapply it, you would probably need some makeup remover for your lips to wipe it off.
This set retails for $25 for 6 lip glosses where each contain 0.07oz of product, which is a little less than half of a full-size Moxie. The Hot to Trot set is sold at Ulta (both online and in-store), Nordstrom Online & BareMinerals (both online and in-store).

What do you think about these lip glosses? Have you tried any of BareMinerals Moxie line?

4 comments:

  1. Hey doll! Please join my newest giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great range of colours - wish they were that cheap in Australia too!!!

    Love your blog, im a new follower!
    http://beautyandlifestylehunter.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, how much do they have it in Australia? :(

      Delete