Friday, November 9, 2012

China Glaze It's a Trap-eze!

Swatches & Review

It's a Trap-eze! is from China Glaze's Winter 2012 collection, Cirque du Soleil: World's Away. It is a multi-glitter nail polish in a sheer white base that can be layered for more coverage.
The left picture shows it in one coat, and the right shows it in two coats.
Two coats is pretty much all you need for this nail polish if you want full-opacity for it. However, three coats can be used because with two coats, it is still a bit patchy. The white base for this nail polish goes on patchy and uneven (like jelly finish nail polishes) so a third coat would help.
After having two coats of It's a Trap-eze! On, I decided to layer them with Zoya's jelly finish nail polishes that they have previously provided to me to review.
For my pinky, I added another coat of It's a Trap-eze! to see how it looks like with three coats.
Ring Finger: Zoya Katherine over It's a Trap-eze!
Middle Finger: Frida over It's a Trap-eze!
Pointer: Paloma over It's a Trap-eze!
Next, I used a base under it to see how it would look when It's a Trap-eze! is layered over colors. I also compared Candy Shop to It's a Trap-eze!
Pinky: It's a Trap-eze!
Ring Finger: Claire's Candy Shop
Middle Finger: White nail polish under
Pointer: Green nail polish under

For Candy Shop, I used two coats. It's kind of weird since when I used it before (&when I previously reviewed it), it had very good coverage, but it seems like it is thinner now? I don't know if it has anything to do with sitting around for too long.

Overall, I like It's a Trap-eze! There are many nail polishes out there with the same concept, but I have not seen a white based one before. I liked how it looks like when it is layered with jelly finish polishes over it, but I do not like it as much when it is used to layer on top of colors. The only problem I had with it is that the white base is uneven when you're applying it, but then that goes away after more than two coats. It dried pretty fast, which is always a plus to me.

What do you think about It's a Trap-eze! Are there any other colors you are interested in from the Cirque du Soleil collection? :)


My giveaway for OPI DS Original is still going on until New Years!

12 comments:

  1. Omg! When I saw promo pics I didn't think I would love it but I do! There are polishes like it already but I don't have any. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was on my top list when I saw promo pictures! I really like how it's white so I can use a sheer color to layer it on top of it :)

      Delete
  2. That polish is great! I am not a huge fan of glitters, etc because they are so hard to get off sometimes but I love anything China Glaze

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not big on glitters, but I keep buying them & use them as accents. lol!

      Delete
  3. Ahhhhh!! I'm so happy this is exactly what I imagined it to be, just a splash of colors on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, the glitters are so colorful! I really like the one coat, it doesn't look too much, pretty accent :)

    http://letskisstomakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It reminds me of birthday cake.. there's so many glitters out right now! haha

      Delete
  5. Wow! I'm so in love with this color! I'm so tempted to get this but I'm on a tight budget, saving for the awesome collections coming next year from China Glaze and OPI. I was wondering if this color looks the same as let's say China Glaze Pizzaz/OPI Rainbow Connection/ Deborah Lippman Happy Birthday layered over plain white?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! I'm looking forward to ChG's Hologlam! haha. I think the glitter would be around the same as Pizzaz/Rainbow Connection & Happy Birthday, it's just this has a white jelly base. If you already have a white jelly nail polish I think it would be possible to make it similar to this! :)

      Delete
  6. Great job layering this over a ton of interesting colors! I am even more excited about this color now, it seems like a good way to achieve a lot of pretty looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love it with the Zoya Jelly's over it :)

      Delete