Friday, September 21, 2012

Cherimoya Matte N.A. - Indie

Swatches & Review
After seeing Cherimoya nail polishes a lot at TJ Maxx and Marshalls and finding them at my local beauty supply store, I decided to try them. Cherimoya has different lines, such as crackle, magnetic, pebble beach (which has a sandy feeling to them) & matte nail apparel. When I saw the range of colors of their matte line, I decided to pick some up since they were pretty cheap and had a wide range of colors. One of the colors I picked up was Indie.
Indie is a orange-nude. It reminds me of the Melange lip tar I reviewed last week. It is a light orange, so it is more on the neutral side. Although they are supposed to dry matte, it seems to dry into more of a vinyl finish for me. It was very pigmented and only required one coat, but I used two anyway. While applying these, you have to be quick since they start drying very fast & you may end up with streaks if you do not do it quick enough.
How it looks on its own.
Here, I used Orly's Top 2 Bottom for my index finger, Essie's Matte About You for my middle finger, Indie itself on my ring finger & Seche Vite fast drying top coat on my pinky.
The color reminds me of a lighter version of China Glaze's Desert Sun from their fall collection with a top coat on. I don't know if you can tell, but after Essie's Matte About You, it looks a bit flatter than Indie drying itself, making it a bit more matte. What I did not like was that even after thirty minutes of drying, Indie's nail color bled onto the brushes of my top coat. It dried really fast, but even after waiting, the pigment of it still transfers onto my topcoat? I had to wipe down the brushes before putting them back into the bottle.

Overall, I feel like these are a cheap alternative if you want some matte nail polishes, although they do not dry completely matte. I purchased mine for about $2 and I have seen these at TJ Maxx and Marshalls in sets of 5. However, I really do not like how after drying, the pigment transfers onto the bristles of my top coat. This nail polish also smells very bad, even though they claim to be 3 free. Maybe it's just because it's a matte finish? It smells pretty bad though. I would recommend it if you do not mind the smell and don't plan on using a top coat on these since these are meant to be matte anyway since applying it was fine. What do you think about Cherimoya? Have you tried their nail polishes before?

No comments:

Post a Comment