Thursday, August 2, 2012

Zoya Designer Collection


Swatches & Review
Zoya's Designer Collection is the last part of their sub-collection for fall. Unlike the other two, which consisted of jelly and metallic finishes, this set contains six shades with a cream finish. These colors are comparable to the Diva collection, but it is more like a cream version of them. Here are the swatches of the colors from the Designer collection:
Rekha is described by Zoya as a blood red cream, which it basically is. Compared to the pictures, it is a bit darker in person. It reminds me of vampires and blood-sucking things.. mosquitos? lol. So I guess it is perfect for fall to use for Halloween since Halloween is in fall! I like this more than Elisa, maybe because it looks better on me. I only used one coat for this.
Toni is a dark burgundy. I used two coats for this, but you could get away with one coat if you apply a thick enough first coat.
Monica is a dark purple, kind of like an eggplant purple. I used two coats of this for the swatches.
Natty is a soft-navy blue. It is navy, but it does not look like the darker blue which makes it a navy. It gives a much more softer navy blue look and I like it! Unlike the other shades, this was kind of thick, but I think it was because when I received it, the top was not fully closed and some leaked, which is why it may be thicker than the others. I used two coats for this.
Evvie is a pine tree green. At times, it looks like there may be a subtle hint of grey to it, although most of the time, it just looks like a dark green, like pine trees!
Noot is a dusty grey-green. It kind of reminds me of Essie's Going Incognito, but a bit darker.

Overall, I do not think this collection is bad at all. Cream finishes are one of my favorite finishes as well, which is probably why I like it. Unlike other cream finish nail polishes I have tried, I did not feel like these were hard to apply. The formula on these were smooth & consistent. Besides Rekha, I used two coats for the rest of the collection. A lot of these probably would not need more than that. This was also the first time where I felt like some Zoya's dried faster on me. Maybe since it required less coats, the drying time was faster? These dry glossier than the Diva collection, but less glossy than the Gloss collection.

These are available for purchase on Zoya.com now, and they retail for $8 per 0.5oz bottle.

*The products in this post were provided to me for my honest opinion/review. I was not paid nor compensated for the review.

No comments:

Post a Comment