Thursday, May 31, 2012

MAC Twig Lipstick

Swatches & Review

My boyfriend gave me MAC's lipstick in Twig as a birthday gift over a month ago. I have been wanting it, but since he gave it to me, I have never used it until today. Twig is a deep berry shade to me. It is kind of in between pink & cranberry for me, and it has a Satin finish. Since it has a Satin finish, it is pretty much like a semi-matte, with a little bit of shine, but it is not too visible. Although it is similar to matte, it is not as drying as matte finishes are, but it can be a bit drying after a while of wearing it.
Overall, I really like this lipstick. I feel like it compliments my skin tone well without me looking like a clown, and my mom actually does not make fun of me when I'm wearing this! Usually when I'm wearing a lipstick that seems too overbearing for me, my mom makes fum of it, but she actually likes this one on me. It's not too dark, and not too light, just the way I like it. I also feel like this stays on well for me. Usually when I wear lipsticks, it wears off on me quickly without leaving any stain behind. However, Twig wears about a good 4 hours on me and after it fades off, you can still see the stain it left behind that doesn't look bad either. I guess the only complaint I have is the smell, but that's how I feel about all MAC lipsticks. It smells like vanilla, and I am sensitive to scents. This is bearable though, since it is not too strong, but I think I still would have liked it without the scent. What are your thoughts about MAC lipsticks?

2 comments:

  1. It looks great on you!

    I really like MAC lipsticks. I am a vanilla fan, so for me I like the smell/taste of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      My mom does too! She likes anything vanilla scent and taste. I think the only thing I like vanilla is ice cream! lol :)

      Delete